Chats Palace Virtual Stage 2022
29th – 31st August 2022
An introduction to fashion photography for 16-19-year-olds.
Discover Young Hackney: So You Want To Be A Fashion Photographer
During the last week of August 2022, we were thrilled to welcome a group of 16–19-year-olds to Chats Palace, as part of our Hackney Council Funded Discover Young Hackney project ‘So You Want To Be A Fashion Photographer?’.
Over the course of three days the young creatives:
- Learnt new digital photography skills.
- Were introduced to film photography and the process of developing film in a darkroom.
- Met and collaborated with industry professionals including an art director, two professional models, a stylist, a fashion photographer, a lighting assistant, and a hair and makeup artist.
- Directed and produced their own mini shoot.
- Produced work for their physical and digital portfolios.
- Contributed to an exhibition at Chats Palace Arts Centre.
- Attended talks and seminars from The Photography Foundation, The Photographers Gallery and PhotoChats.
The Final images
Check out the results of our young creatives’ hard work and creativity!
These images, accompanied by interpretation materials prepared by the participants, are also on display as part of an exhibition in our theatre corridor – do come and have a look!
BEHIND THE SCENES
As part of the programme, participants captured behind the scenes videos and images for a Chats Palace social media takeover. The images below give a flavour of what the participants experienced during their time with us and demonstrates their flair for content creation!