- This event has passed.
Access All Areas: Spinning Wheel
Mon 11 Nov : 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Music and movement for adults with profound and multiple learning disabilities. This session uses intensive interaction, music and movement within a multi-sensory environment to celebrate all forms of communication and creativity.
Spinning Wheel is a multi-sensory project for adults with profound and multiple learning disabilities. We explore drama, movement, sound, music, and use all of our senses to develop our own stories.
We run weekly term-time workshops on Mondays at Chats Palace in Hackney, as well as going directly into care homes to deliver workshops to residents.
Using our unique methodology in music and movement, we focus on enjoyment, engagement and each individual’s creativity.
- Age range suitability: 18+yrs
- This workshops is fully accessible to people with profound and multiple learning disabilities
For more details please contact: Alex Covell, email@example.com, 0207 613 6445
Prices per class: £42 Prices per term: £420 To book please contact Alex for more details as many people are able to pay directly from their Personal Budgets.
Access All Areas makes urban, disruptive performance by learning disabled and autistic artists.
As well as creating immersive theatre productions through our performance company, we:
- provide artist development to 12 artists, working with organisations such as Battersea Arts Centre, Lyric Hammersmith, Soho Theatre, the Live Art Development Agency and London Theatre Consortium
- have an industry-first partnership with agency Simon & How to represent seven professional actors with learning disabilities
- deliver the Performance Making Diploma at the Central School of Speech and Drama
- run a range of exciting and innovative projects for people with a broad range of learning disabilities
- train organisations in best practice skills of working with people with learning disabilities and autism
Access All Areas was formed in 1976 as The Rainbow Theatre Group. In 2009, Nick Llewellyn took over as Artistic Director, and the company underwent rapid development, exploring both the participatory and professional artistic abilities of artists with learning disabilities and autism.
Access All Areas won the 2015 Guardian University Award for Student Diversity and Widening Participation, was nominated in the 2018 National Diversity Awards and was a finalist in the National Learning Disability and Autism Awards 2017 and the Living Wage Awards 2018. In 2017, Access All Areas was awarded National Portfolio Organisation (NPO) status by Arts Council England.