- This event has passed.
An Alternative Coronation Celebration
Sat 6 May
An Alternative Coronation Celebration: A Royal Neighbourhood Party
We’re marking the King’s Coronation in style by throwing a big neighbourhood party, full of family-friendly activities run by artists from the queer community.
Come along, join in the festivities and celebrate yourselves for who you truly are: we all deserve a crown.
This will be a safe space for everyone to come together and celebrate the Coronation. Whatever shape your family comes in, we welcome you all.
Activities have been created to be accessible by a broad range of age groups. Please see specific event pages for age guidance.
The celebration party will include:
- Drop in arts & crafts – make your own crowns, bunting and more
- A royal photobooth – wear your crowns, pose with the King and get your glad rags on
- Storytelling from Drag Queen Story Hour UK
- Shadow Puppet Workshops – create a royal puppet theatre to take away with you
- Zine Making Workshops from Queer China
- A family disco
- Lots of tea, cake and ice cream!
We can’t wait to welcome you to our Palace.