- This event has passed.
Parallel Lines presents Hayden Thorpe
Fri 15 Oct 2021 : 7:30 pm£18.50
Hayden Thorpe announces his exquisite brand new album, Moondust For My Diamond, due out on Domino on October 15th. The new album follows Hayden’s debut Diviner from 2019 and the Aerial Songs EP from last year.
He will premiere music from the new album at a special show this October at Chats Palace, London.
In contrast to Diviner, a critically acclaimed album steeped in solitude and fragility, Moondust For My Diamond moves into a more natural visual and sonic palette. He’s interested in, he says, “the meeting point between science and religion, the grand struggle for reality that shapes so much of our time.” Thorpe has made an album that is galvanizing, reassuring, elegant, seductive: it oozes Big Cosmic Energy.
Presented by Parallel Lines. Support Emma Bradley
This is an 18+ event (Please bring I.D.)
Our Covid Safe Plan: Live Events incl Gigs
Thank you for buying your ticket to this event at Chats Palace. In order to ensure your safety and that of our staff and crew, we have set the following Covid Safe plans:
- There will be no more than two hundred (200) event attendees, all of whom are over 18 years of age.
- we strongly recommends the wearing of masks while inside and moving around: masks need not be worn while seated. All Chats Palace staff will be wearing masks throughout the event.
- Mask must be worn on arrival and departure from the venue and when interacting with Box Office and Security Staff at the door.
- Masks must be worn when placing an order at the Bar. At the discretion of the Bar Manager, an attendee not wearing a mask may be refused service.
- if you have a cough, fever or flu like symptoms please do not attend.
- Please consider taking a lateral flow Covid-19 test on the day of the event and do not attend if the test result is positive for Covid-19.
NHS Track & Trace
Please scan the QR code displayed at the building entrance, in compliance with NHS Track & Trace.
As part of our re-opening strategy, Chats Palace has reviewed its H&S practices to ensure a Covid safe and ready working environment for its staff and building users. A summary is as follows:
Chats Palace will:
- Re-open only specific areas of the building to safely manage people-flow and deliver social distancing measures.
- Re-purpose certain rooms or areas to safely manage people-flow and deliver social distancing measures.
- Advise mask wearing while on Chats Palace premises (all Chats Palace staff will wear masks throughout any event).
- Implement new protocols for deep cleaning including hygiene stations.
Cleaning & Hygiene
Chats Palace will deliver two cleaning plans and take additional steps to ensure Chats Palace premises is Covid-19 safe and ready. These will include:
- Only opening areas of the building when they are used and closing areas once they have been used so they may be cleaned.
- Requiring all staff to wear masks.
- Keep internal doors open (except fire doors) to allow hand-free access round the building.
- Identifying high traffic areas for additional deep cleaning.
- Cleaning Plan 1: Daily staff cleaning. When in communal areas they will be required to wear gloves and to regularly wipe down surfaces. Duty Management staff will have daily cleaning duties including cleaning high traffic areas of the building.
- Cleaning Plan 2: External company cleaning. An external cleaning company will be brought in, to deep clean high traffic areas including toilets on a regular basis subject to building usage.