Parallel Lines presents Sinead O’Brien
Thu 28 Oct : 7:30 pm
SOLD OUT !
Sinead O’Brien is an Irish poet and performer based in London. Originally from Limerick ‘a kind of grey industrial place with an a certain poetry to it’, Sinead’s work captures the everyday and the in-between in a way that transcends genre. Her influences can be found in the realism of Mark E. Smith of The Fall and the works of literary icons such Frank O’Hara, W.B. Yeats, Joan Didion, Albert Camus. Her latest release ‘A Thing You Call Joy’ via Chess Club Records “channels her poetry into a performance-art-rock masterpiece” (The Line Of Best Fit). This follows O’Brien’s first music of 2019 ‘Taking On Time’, the landmark 30th single release on Dan Carey’s Speedy Wunderground label. A mesmerising call-to-arms, ‘Taking On Time’ is equal parts Mark E and Patti Smith – set against a taut, frenetic bed recalling post-punk underdogs Life Without Buildings and The Slits but with a krautrock groove that is classic Speedy Wunderground.
A multifaceted artist, O’Brien’s writing has also been published by the esteemed London Magazine whose alumni include T.S. Eliot, Sylvia Plath and William Burroughs. This unique fusion of spoken lyrics and art rock has piqued the attention of luminaries of both genres, seeing her perform with John Cooper Clarke and Brian Jonestown Massacre at sold out theatres across the UK. Playing live with her band and collaborators; Julian Hanson (guitar) and Oscar Robertson (drums), Sinead’s transfixing performances are placing her at the forefront of a resurgent post-punk wave that is taking the capital and beyond.
Presented by Parallel Lines.
This is an 18+ event. (Photo ID Required)
Covid Safe Plan: Live Events incl Gigs
Thank you for buying your ticket to this event at Chats Palace. In order to ensure your safety and that of our staff and crew, we have set the following Covid Safe plans:
- There will be no more than two hundred (200) event attendees, all of whom are over 18 years of age.
- we strongly recommends the wearing of masks while inside and moving around: masks need not be worn while seated. All Chats Palace staff will be wearing masks throughout the event.
- Mask must be worn on arrival and departure from the venue and when interacting with Box Office and Security Staff at the door.
- Masks must be worn when placing an order at the Bar. At the discretion of the Bar Manager, an attendee not wearing a mask may be refused service.
- if you have a cough, fever or flu like symptoms please do not attend.
- Please consider taking a lateral flow Covid-19 test on the day of the event and do not attend if the test result is positive for Covid-19.
NHS Track & Trace
Please scan the QR code displayed at the building entrance, in compliance with NHS Track & Trace.
As part of our re-opening strategy, Chats Palace has reviewed its H&S practices to ensure a Covid safe and ready working environment for its staff and building users. A summary is as follows:
Chats Palace will:
- Re-open only specific areas of the building to safely manage people-flow and deliver social distancing measures.
- Re-purpose certain rooms or areas to safely manage people-flow and deliver social distancing measures.
- Advise mask wearing while on Chats Palace premises (all Chats Palace staff will wear masks throughout any event).
- Implement new protocols for deep cleaning including hygiene stations.
Cleaning & Hygiene
Chats Palace will deliver two cleaning plans and take additional steps to ensure Chats Palace premises is Covid-19 safe and ready. These will include:
- Only opening areas of the building when they are used and closing areas once they have been used so they may be cleaned.
- Requiring all staff to wear masks.
- Keep internal doors open (except fire doors) to allow hand-free access round the building.
- Identifying high traffic areas for additional deep cleaning.
- Cleaning Plan 1: Daily staff cleaning. When in communal areas they will be required to wear gloves and to regularly wipe down surfaces. Duty Management staff will have daily cleaning duties including cleaning high traffic areas of the building.
- Cleaning Plan 2: External company cleaning. An external cleaning company will be brought in, to deep clean high traffic areas including toilets on a regular basis subject to building usage.